Monday, May 9, 2016

Hopson loose ends




Posted: 27 Aug 2003 12:12AM
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Jul 2005 9:45PM

I am also a descendant of Wiley Marion Hopson and his wife Mary E. Howard through their son Madison Rowan Hopson b. Feb 12, 1857 m. Laura Lee. I'm afraid I do not have much info to add except that I belive Wiley Marion Hopson's mother was Agnes Hall and that she had a sister named Bashaba b 1810 m. John Dunkin. Agnes Hall Hopson is buried in the Jennings Mountain Cemetery, so of Brownsboro, TX and her grandaughter is buried near her. Agnes is suppose to have been born in Georgia or SC. If anyone has any more info, I would appreciate your sharing it. Thanks, Opal McDaniel Meyers.




Posted: 24 Jul 2002 12:13PM
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Nov 2004 1:31PM
Surnames: Hopson, Henson, Minchew, Cook

I am looking for family information on my ggrandmother's side. My ggrandmother was Mary Elizabeth "Mae/Mollie" Hopson. She was born in Murchison, Henderson Co, TX on 07/14/1875 and died on 10/04/1966 in Houston, Harris Co, TX.

Her father was William "Wiley" Hopson (not sure of middle name) and mother Mary E.(Elizabeth) Howard. I'm assuming they married in Texas, but not sure. My ggrandmother had several brothers and sisters. Some of the names I've heard from family members were Cass, Wiley and possibly a Raymond. They were a muscial family who played fiddles, etc. and a wild bunch who as kids fought each other a lot. I was told that the name Hopson was Irish and Howard was Dutch or Irish.

My ggrandmother lived in the Murchison/Nacogdoches area for awhile. She married Henry Thomas Cook - twice and Edgar Cleveland. Possibly a Mr. Day, Mr. Grice and John Bunch. She had 7 kids - Eva Cleveland (Turner), Lillie Mae Cook (Henson/Moss), Era Day (Cristos), Willie Mae Cook, Doria (died at birth), Bertha Cook (Youngblook) and William Henry Cook. For awhile (between husbands, I guess) Lillie Mae and Willie Mae were placed in the Odd Fellows State Orphans Home in Corsicana, TX around 1920.

No one in my family knows much about the Hopson side, so any information would be greatly appreciated.

Looking for any information on my grandfather - Aqullar Marsh Henson and his first family. He first married a lady and had about 7 children. One daughter named Minnie )who married a guy named Hugo) and one son named Eric. Those are the only children's names I've been told. 

Later he married my grandmother Lillie Mae Cook and had 16 children (13 lived). They lived in various parts of Texas. He worked in the oilfields and was a carpenter. Aqullar had 2 brothers, Chelsea and McKinley. There father was William and mother was Sarah Brown/Wallace. Aqullar was born in Ft. Graham, Hill Co., TX born before 1900.

Re: Henson in 1890's

Posted: 6 Sep 2001 11:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Jun 2002 11:10AM GMT
Surnames: Henson, Cook, Hopson, Minchew
I'm not sure if we are looking for the same people, but my grandfather was Aqullar Marsh Henson born in Ft. Graham, Hill Co, TX who also had a dad named William Marion Henson plus his mother was named Sarah. I was told Sarah's last name was Brown. Can't be sure of her last name. William Marion Henson was suppose to be born in Ohio. Do you think we are talking about the same family? Sounds like it. Did you ever find anymore information?

No comments:

Post a Comment