Friday, October 25, 2013

About Me

My name is Jaycie Smith and I love genealogy!

genealogy
noun, plural genealogies. 
1. a record or account of the ancestry and descent of a person, family or group
2. the study of family ancestries or histories
3. descent from an original progenitor; lineage; ancestry
(dictionary.com)

I am always interested in meeting new cousins and anyone else passionate about genealogy. My families of interest:

The Gaines Chism Smith family of Athens, Alabama and later East Texas
The Wiley M. Hopson family of East Texas
The Coleman Kidd family of East Texas
The Abraham Larson family originating in Norway and later East Texas
The Michael and Josephine Mekalip family originating in Poland and later East Texas
The Fulgham families of East Texas
The Thomas Sullivan family of Smith County, Mississippi
The Peter Leslie Smith family of West Carroll Parish, Louisiana

Happy searching!

Jaycie


1 comment:

  1. Jaycie, I just read and enjoyed your research on the career of John V. Dowdy. ( He was so awful, in so many ways.) I read it because of the connection with my own family. Thomas M. Hobbs was my great grandfather (maternal side) - also a very awful man. Interestingly, my father’s father, WD Justice, was his defense attorney - about 5 years before my parents met, in Athens. I am researching the Hobbs murder of Pape Bradley. It was a story that my mother told me over many years -little by little. I heard the surprising conclusion from her only shortly before she died. If you have any additional information about that case, I would love to know about it.
    Best wishes,
    — Ellen Justice

    ReplyDelete